Meet our Current Kindergarten Teachers...
For Kindergarten Orientation click on link above.
Welcome to Kindergarten Orientation at Butterfield Canyon Elementary!
Due to the COVID-19 school closure we were unable to hold our face-to-face 2021 kindergarten orientation. We want our incoming kindergarten students to feel welcome to BCE, so we have created a virtual kindergarten orientation to provide the same information we usually share at our kindergarten orientation.
Kindergarten Orientation Packet Pick-up -
MARCH 12th, 2021
There is a packet for each incoming Kindergarten student that will be available for pickup on March 12th.
Please bring the following documents to the Kindergarten Orientation, that is scheduled on March 12th, 2021.
- Original or certified copy of the student's birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics (we will make a copy in the office)
- Proof of Immunization - Click to view Requirements Opens in a new window - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/by-age/years-4-6.html
- Proof of Residency - Documents required for Proof of Residency
- Included in the Orientation Packet are the following:
- (If you can't come in to collect the packet you can print off the Immunization record and Welcome to Kindergarten booklet.)
District Nurse Information for Incoming Kindergarten
What should I know before coming to Kindergarten?
Here is a list of skills that you can work on with your incoming kindergarten student to help be prepared for school in the fall:
Learning Links Program
Learning Links is the name of our school’s volunteer program. This program is used to create communication between the administration, teachers and parents and improve our children’s education. CLICK HERE for a letter with more information.
Beginning of the Year Assessments - August 17th-24th.
You will receive a letter in August with information about AM/PM assignments, along with details on how to sign up through Skyward for your child's beginning of the year assessment. Teacher assignments will also be available in Skyward sometime in August. If you do not know your Skyward password and log in, you are welcome to call the BCE Main Office for help: 801-254-0737.