Below is an updated and more detailed summary of COVID-19 protocols Jordan School District plans to follow as we begin the 2021-22 school year. We hope this will help parents make decisions and plans that are best for their individual families. For the most up-to-date information, please visit covid19.jordandistrict.org.
Quarantine After Exposure
- Quarantine at home if you are exposed to COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated. We consider anyone who was within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, to be exposed.
- Under the standard quarantine protocol, you can end quarantine:
- On day 10 without testing. You can end quarantine 10 days after the last time you had close contact with the person who tested positive if you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19.
- On day 7 with a negative test result. You must wait at least 7 days after your exposure to be tested. You can end quarantine if your test is negative and you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are exposed to someone at school who tests positive for COVID-19, you can continue to come to school if:
- You are fully vaccinated.
- Both individuals were wearing masks at the time of exposure.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- You were wearing a N95 or KN95 mask at the time of exposure.
- OR IF YOU:
- Wear a mask at school for 10 days.
- Wear a mask at school for 7 days and then get tested. If you test negative on day 7 you don’t have to wear a mask anymore.
- For more information, please visit the State of Utah Coronavirus K-12 School Recommendations page.
- “Test-to-Play” - There are no “test-to-play” protocols in place for extracurricular activities.
- “Test-to-Stay” - According to state law, “test-to-stay” will be implemented if a school reaches the established positive COVID-19 threshold.
Schools with 1,500 or more students have 2% of their students test positive for COVID-19.
Schools with fewer than 1,500 students have 30 students test positive for COVID-19.
All students must “test-to-stay” if they wish to remain at school, even those who are fully vaccinated.
All students who chose not to “test-to-stay” will be required to stay home for 10 days.
- Free COVID-19 Testing Site - Elk Ridge Middle School, 3659 West, 9800 South, South Jordan, Monday and Wednesday 4 - 7 p.m.
- Positive COVID-19 Isolation Leave - Employees who test positive for COVID-19 or are the primary caregiver to a child who has tested positive can access COVID-19 Isolation Leave. You do not have to use personal leave for this purpose.
- Classroom volunteers are welcome at the discretion of teachers.
- Field trips, PTA events, and overnight travel continue.
Jordan Virtual Learning Academy